500KW 625KVA Fully Automated Diesel Generator ex MOD Rolls Royce Rocker Cover Perkins Engine
The Gallan Head Community Trust inherited this generator from Defence Estates last year, when it purchased the ex MOD base, “Gallan Head” – RAF Aird Uig. The Trust is keen to sell the generator to generate income for its charitable purposes. This is about all we know about the generator:-
– The generator was used for back-up purposes and has ran for approximately 600 hours.
– It is still in its watertight, purpose built generator house at Aird (postcode HS2 9JA) on the Isle of Lewis. The building has not been heated in the last three years.
– A local crane hire company has confirmed that they have the equipment needed to lift the generator out of the building (at a cost).
– The Generator is a Rolls Royce rocker cover but a Perkins Engine.
– The model is Rolls Royce V12 Diesel (according to SERCO’s former caretaker for the site)
– The generator has a 1,500 litre day tank.
– It was last serviced in 2013
– NAMEPLATE DETAILS: Engine No = 6A27526U7807V; Designation = 3012-TAG2 ;Serial No 1; Perkins of Shrewsbury 3000 Series
– We are willing to consider any offers.